OpenEMR is a Free and Open Source EHR and medical practice management system. It is ONC Certified with international usage. OpenEMR's goal is to be a superior alternative to its proprietary counterparts.
OpenEMR has an extensive list of features as multilingual support, ONC certified, clinical decision rules, medical billing, patient scheduling, reports, lab integration and a lot more.
For a full list of OpenEMR Features:
- You can download the latest version for your platform from here:
- For Windows, there are two packages. OpenEMR package and another package with XAMPP pre-installed. You should choose the XAMPP pre-installed package unless you have a local server installed on your system or know how to install one.
- You should extract the package to "c:" (extracting to C: is required).
- Then follow these instructions to secure XAMPP:
- Double-click C:/xampp/xampp-control, then click 'start' for mysql and apache.
- Login at http://localhost/openemr
1- Access Control Panel:
3- Clinical Decision Rules:
5- Eye (Ophthalmology/Optometry) Module: