Gerbera is a free UPnP media server which allows you to stream your digital media through your home network and consume it on a variety of UPnP compatible devices.
- Browse and playback your media via your network on all kinds of devices.
- Web UI with a tree view of the database and the file system, allowing to add/remove/edit/browse your media
- Metadata extraction from MP3, OGG, AAC, M4A, FLAC, wavpack, JPG (and many more!) files.
- Media thumbnail support
- Highly flexible media format transcoding via plugins / scripts
- Automatic directory rescans (timed, inotify)
- User defined server layout based on extracted metadata
- Supports last.fm scrobbing
- On the fly video thumbnail generation
- Support for external URLs (create links to internet content and serve them via UPnP to your renderer)
- Runs on Linux, BSD, Mac OS X, and more!
- Runs on x86, ARM, MIPS, and more!
Copyright (C) 2005
Copyright (C) 2006-2008
Copyright (C) 2016-2022