What is Gibbon?
Gibbon is a free, open-source school management system that focuses on the educational process, classes management, and the primary educational audience, the "students".
Gibbon was founded in October 2010 in response to a lack of powerful, usable and open source school platforms. Right from the beginning, Gibbon was designed to be flexible, extensible and themeable, whilst aiming to help teachers to do their jobs.
It is built on top of PHP, MySQL, jQuery, HTML5 and several other technologies.
- Easy-to-setup and use
- Responsive user-friendly interface
- Mobile-friendly design
- Educational planner
- Students manager
- Admin manager
- Departments management
- Activities management
- Activities catalog
- Individual Needs
- Staff management
- Groups management
- Built-in messenger
- Timetable manager
- Extended through plugins
- Large community
- Dozens of open-source modules
- Supports Microsoft SSO (Single Sign-On)
- Supports OAuth2-standard SSO
- Added support for database-driven sessions and encrypted session data
- Supports several payment gateways
- Supports Stripe Payment gateway
- Includes charts and visualized timelines
- Supports admins and teachers to customize personal documents
- Supports custom fields
- Looks and feel: Supports custom themes
- Email notifications
- Supports multiple languages
- Compatible with PHP7 and PHP8
- Includes a logger and a logger viewer
- Students profile
- Responsive HTML email templates for outgoing notifications and messages
- New staff absence tracking feature, including approval and reports
- Allows admins to manage substitute teachers
- Added data visualisation to Rubrics through the Markbook View
- Supports several SMS gateways for SMS notification: OneWaySMS, Twilio, Nexmo, Clockwork, TextLocal, and Mail to SMS
- Built-in rich reporting system
- Assessment management: it comes with a rich set of assessment tools that teachers and educators can easily use
- Finance manager: allows admins to manage payments, bills, invoices, track expanses and more.
Gibbon is released under the GPL-3.0 License.