Brief: OpenBoxes is a free and open-source supply Chain Management System for Linux, windows, macOS. Here, we take a look at the features and help you to get started with it.
OpenBoxes is a management system designed to manage inventory and keep you on track with all the setting on it. It happens to be one of my top recommendations for the list of free and open-source Inventory and Warehouse Management
In this article, I shall take a brief look at what it is all about.
OpenBoxes inventory management is a free and open-source solution for windows, Linux, and macOS when you need to manage your inventory.
The user interface is elementary, and it features many useful tools to get things done.
The user interface is basic, and it features many useful tools to get things done. It is always having an improvement in their release.
If you prefer not to work in something very hard, and you want a simple software – you should be able to utilize OpenBoxes inventory manager to manage your inventory.
Features of OpenBoxes inventory manager
In addition to all the features highlighted, i encourage you to explore the application separately to see if it fits your requirements or not.
If you are not interested to give it a try, you can first take a look at another options in its 12 Free Open-source Inventory Management Solutions to see what else it offers including the key features I mention here.
Below is the list of key highlights:
- Electronic Stock Card: This is much-needed supports any type of item including such as medications, medical supplies and devices, office supplies, and building materials.
- Stock Movements: It uses to manage movement of stock from a supplier to depot.
- Inventory Tracking: Being able to adjust inventory quantity and remove quantity due to expiry and damage.
- Flexible Location Hierarchy: with it, you will organize and manage stock within multiple facilities.
- Reporting: it is support customized reports.
- Security: with it, you will assign permission levels by role.
- Support for Multiple Languages: Supports English, Spanish, and French, and any other language.
- Email notifications
- Custom attributes
- Stock list management
- Flexible deployment options
- REST API
Installing OpenBoxes Inventory management tool
OpenBoxes is one of the most popular inventory manager out there, and it is available in repositories here.
So, OpenBoxes is a simple and effective solution as a inventory manager for everyday use. It may not be the best one around – but it does get the job done without having a complicated user interface.
What is your favorite inventory manager r? Let us know in the comments below.