Sausagewiki is a free open-source simple wiki engine that is created by first by Magnus Hovland Hoff with the Rust programming language, but the project has several contributors now.
Sausagewiki can work as a personal wiki on macOS, Windows, and Linux. It requires Rust and Cargo to run.
It is released under the GNU General Public License version 3.0 for anyone who want to use, edit, modify or distribute it.
Sausagewiki supports Markdown by default, and it comes with a simple user-friendly responsive design, and full attachment support.
It comes with a strong command-line tool to configure, run, and set the project database.
- Simple to install and run, no runtime dependencies
- Reasonable to back up, there is only one data file
- Can be reverse proxied behind any path without configuration
- Snappy, light resource usage
- Markdown syntax
- Plus table-support
- Without embedded HTML
- Full text search
- Responsive design: fits different screens as well as print
- Works with external authentication
The project is released under the GNU GPL-3.0 License or later.