SciDAVis is a free interactive application aimed at data analysis and publication-quality plotting. It combines a shallow learning curve and an intuitive, easy-to-use graphical user interface with powerful features such as scriptability and extensibility.
SciDAVis is similar in its field of application to proprietary Windows applications like Origin and SigmaPlot as well as free applications like QtiPlot, Labplot, and Gnuplot.
What sets SciDAVis apart from the above is its emphasis on providing a friendly and open environment (in the software as well as the project) for new and experienced users alike.
- It features a 2D tables' data viewer
- Supports 3D metrics
- Includes 2D and 3D plots
- The data can be imported or added directly from ASCII files
- Supports special functions and formulas
- Extensive support for fitting linear and nonlinear functions to the data, including multi-peak fitting.
- Publication-quality 2D plots of various types including symbols/lines, bars, and pie charts which can be exported to a variety of formats (JPG, PNG, EPS, PDF, SVG, and more)
- Interactive 3D plots with export to a variety of formats, including EPS and PDF.
- Note windows with support for in-place evaluation of mathematical expressions. With Python installed, you can even access other objects in the project, e.g., for rapidly writing an import filter for a custom data format.
SciDAVis runs on GNU/Linux, Windows, and macOS; possibly also on other platforms like *BSD, although this is untested.
SciDAVis is released under the GPL-2.0 license.
What is Padloc?Padloc is a dead-simple password manager app for users who want to get the job done without any distractions and clutter. Padloc is a free, open-source solution but also offers a web service that helps the user to sync and store their passwords and keys in an...Read more...
What is QtPass?QtPass is an open-source, free password manager GUI for the standard Unix password manager "pass" application. The "pass" password manager is a command-line open-source feature-rich application that follows Unix's philosophy. the pass program allows the user to generate, store, manage, passwords, all can be done through the...Read more...
What is Buttercup?Buttercup is a lightweight password manager for desktop and mobile. It comes with a strong 256bit AES encrypted vault that keeps your passwords and credentials secure and safe. Buttercup is a completely free, open-source solution which means you can download and use it without worrying about lock-in...Read more...
What is AuthPass?AuthPass is a multi-platform, free, and open-source password manager for all types of users. AuthPass is fully compatible with the popular open-source KeePass password manager, which many consider the father of open-source password managers. The app is written with Flutter which is gaining popularity among developers building...Read more...
What is Spectator?Spectator is a free, open-source (Libre) REST-API testing program for Linux. It is written in Vala programming language and GTK. The app allows developers to make requests to test their web endpoints, create custom environments, and save everything within a collection. A Linux alternative to commercial softwareSpectator...Read more...