Times are changing for the better future as technology is being advanced every year. In the past, the days of the pre-digital era introduced typewriters to convert creativity & imagination into pieces of writing or content for consumers.
Today we have entirely different means of writing with the use of technology. Today, you see many internet browser tabs open simultaneously, browser notifications constantly pinging, and social media playing a significant role in finding the target audience; This isn’t all bad news. With the advancement of modern web browsers like today’s example “Google Chrome,” you can enjoy the processing power of “Chrome extensions” created by software developers to simplify your tasks.
Chrome Extension is a small program to transform the experience or add functionality to the chrome browser. The main aim of an extension is to serve a single purpose around which the whole program is built. There are a lot of extensions that content writers can use to enhance their efficiency in writing. Depending on the task, the writer can choose the extension and add it to the browser. Every writer has a different choice according to their need but we are going to mention the top 10 Chrome extensions that can be useful for most content writers.
1- Microsoft Editor: Spelling & Grammar Checker
The Microsoft Editor: Spelling & Grammar Checker is a free, browser-based writing assistant offered by Microsoft Corporation. It helps to overcome writing errors and get the precise words to represent yourself. It is a writing companion that provides you with particular suggestions to help you to improve your writing.
Microsoft Editor provides:
- Correct your own spelling and grammar mistakes.
- Suggest words that you might misspell when you’re writing an email or a post on a website.
- Suggest various other improvements to your writing, such as adding extra words to your vocabulary or re-writing your sentences so that they are more effective.
There are more than 20,000,00 users and have a rating of 4.7 stars at the chrome web store.
2- Voice In - Speech-To-Text Dictation
Did you know that dictation is about seven times quicker than typing on the keyboard? Dictation is the process of converting spoken words into text. One must take advantage of that and start using a speech-to-text extension like Voice In. It is one of the top-rated speech recognition editors on the Chrome store.
Voice In features are:
- Enables voice typing.
- Makes it easy to type in the browser using voice-to-text.
- Allows you to use the power of speech recognition to type emails in Gmail or write blog posts on WordPress.
There are more than 3,000,00 users and have a rating of 4.3 stars at the chrome web store.
If you want to become a good writer, ProWritingAid is your grammar and style guide that can be used whenever you write an article, an email, or post something on your social media site. This app highlights your grammar mistakes and helps you create a flawless writing.
- Grammar checking, spellchecking, and style improvements.
- Check for consistency of spelling, hyphenation, and capitalization.
- Eliminate clichés and redundancies.
- Check for terminology issues.
- Contextual thesaurus.
- Check for plagiarism.
- Eliminate vague, abstract, and complex words from your writing.
There are more than 3,000,00 users and have a rating of 4.8 stars at the chrome web store.
4- Evernote Web Clipper
For good content writing, it is mandatory to grab all the details of a relevant topic. If you like to research a lot before writing your content, this Chrome extension is for you. Evernote Web Clipper is a Chrome extension for your web browser that enables you to capture page articles, images, selected text, emails, and any web page that inspires you into Evernote account. Evernote saves this information permanently.
There are more than 3,000,000 users and have a rating of 4.8 stars at the chrome web store.
5- QuillBot: AI Grammar and Writing Tool
QuillBot, a tool that allows you to paraphrase any text, is an essential tool for content authors. It contains two free modes and five premium options that can be utilized as needed by users. By including the appropriate language, style, tone, etc. for any circumstance, it helps to produce fluency in the writing. Enter your desire text into the provided box, and this Chrome extension will translate it for you.
Some of QuillBot's most important features are:
- Gives you the choice to adjust your vocabulary according to your preferences without altering the meaning of any words or sentences.
- Finds the most appropriate synonyms to express the intended concept.
- Provides quick processing, which helps you save a lot of time.
- Capable of summarizing 1200 words at once.
There are more than 2,000,000 users and have a rating of 4.7 stars at the chrome web store.
6- AISEO - AI Writing Companion.
The next Google Chrome extension on this list is AISEO, a fantastic small add-on with lots of capabilities. AISEO is an excellent place to start if you're searching for anything that can assist you in developing or expanding your writing without having too many options.
There are seven operating modes for AISEO. With a small popup that displays at the bottom right of the box, you may access these from just about any text input on the web, unlike many of the top online AI tools for writing content.
The seven available modes are the following:
- Command: command AI to write about whatever you like.
- Rewrite: Paraphrase with standard mode.
- Shorten: The Shorten operator can be used to shorten any statement.
- Expand: Using the Expand operator, you can lengthen any statement.
- Formal: Make any sentence sound more formal with the Formal Tone operator.
- Creative: Paraphrases text with the most inventiveness and expression with Creative tone operator.
- Complete: Let the AI complete what you already began.
There are more than 100,000 users and have a rating of 4.8 stars at the chrome web store.
An online writing tool called Grammarly is based on artificial intelligence and natural language processing. And in my opinion, it is one of the greatest technologies ever. Grammarly assists in eliminating writing faults and obtaining the precise words you need to express yourself. On Gmail, Google Docs, Twitter, LinkedIn, GeeksforGeeks Writing Editor, and almost everywhere else, you'll get immediate feedback from Grammarly. Grammarly is a writing tool that offers specific recommendations to help you write better. It also extends far beyond grammar. You may be sure that your writing is concise and straightforward in addition to being correct.
- Clarify and simplify your phrases.
- Strike the appropriate tone.
- Improve your fluency.
- Fix your spelling and grammar and write more effectively.
There are more than 10,000,000 users and have a rating of 4.7 stars at the chrome web store.
One of the best Chrome extensions for content writers is AdBlock because it promotes focus and aids in maintaining focus. With this extension, you can avoid both floater ads and any social media notifications, which could save you a ton of time. Therefore, if you want to browse without being distracted, install this extension.
Some of AdBlock's key features are:
- Blocks all distracting advertisements, including pop-ups, animated banners, animations, and other things that keep popping up on the screen.
- Only allow relevant advertisements that sometimes benefit users.
- Additionally, it prevents or turns off tracking that most websites perform on users while working online.
- Disables social media buttons to monitor your work-related web browsing.
A survey's results found that approximately 81% of people use AdBlock, which has 4.6 stars rating at the Chrome Web Store.
9- TextCortex: Zeno ChatGPT AI Writing Assistant
TextCortex is another foremost Google Chrome extension for content writers who must have to adjust and create tons of text from emails, papers, blog posts, descriptions, and ads. Imagine having an AI friend you can share your views with and co-create anything with. TextCortex may speed up yours writing by as much as 70%.
No more looking at a blank page, experiencing writer's block, or struggling to find the keywords. Just highlight a headline or a few bullets in your text box, click the bubble, and the creation process will begin immediately. The material produced by TextCortex is native, human-sounding, distinctive, and SEO-optimized, which is the most significant part.
Some of key’s features of TextCortex are:
- The TextCortex AI writing assistant is compatible with over 30 platforms, including popular ones like Notion, LinkedIn, Gmail, Google Docs, and many more.
- You can also create your content in more than ten languages.
- Will encourage the development of long-form content and offer a ton of suggestions to emphasize the human character of your content more than before.
- In comparison to typical GPT-3-based AI writing tools, this additional training and proprietary technology leads to longer and more concise text creations.
There are more than 30,000,000 users and have a rating of 4.9 stars at the chrome web store. are:
An artificial intelligence (AI) writing program called Jasper.ai is used to create marketing copy, including blog entries, product descriptions, company profiles, ad content, and social media captions. If you want to create a lengthy blog post or require the ideal reply to a review, the application provides hundreds of templates from which to choose. It takes the stress of a blank page right out of writing. Currently, Jasper.ai is ideal for marketers and benefits businesses of all sizes.
Some of key features of Jasper.ai are:
- Text and image AI generation.
- Integration with Grammarly and other Chrome extensions.
- Revision history.
- Document sharing.
- Multi-user login.
- Plagiarism checker.
- Brand voice customization.
There are more than 100,000 users and have a rating of 4.9 stars at the chrome web store.
So, these are the few Chrome extensions that can assist you have the best writing experience. You only need to choose properly and apply them to improve your writing abilities. These extensions will make your job easier and more creative, so choose one now and Happy Writing!