A survey generator is a tool that allows users to create and distribute surveys to collect data from a specific audience. These generators can be built into a website or hosted separately, and offer various features such as customizable questions and templates, skip logic, and data analysis tools, making them useful for everything from lawyers association voting to HOA's or even just deciding what the office should have for lunch this Friday.
One key advantage of using a built-in web-based self-hosted survey generator is that it can save time and resources. Users can create and distribute surveys quickly and easily, without having to hire external vendors or use separate software. Additionally, web-based survey generators can offer a greater
In this post, we offer you a rich list of open-source self-hosted survey/ poll generators that you can download, setup, and use for free.
MyVote is a web-based application that enables you to create ranking, rating, and poll voting contests and view the results in real time. Your audience can participate live on their mobile phones, tablets and desktops. There is nothing to download or install.
PollSystem is a free and open-source web-based simple poll system. It is written entirely in PHP, and use MySQL as a database backend.
The Majority judgment is a voting system designed to elect a winner based on the evaluation of all candidates by the voters. This system was shown to significantly reduce strategic and dishonest votes.
Indeed, this procedure offers several advantages over existing alternatives :
- It allows voters to truly say how they feel about all candidates. This is a strong improvement over the widespread first-past-the-post electoral systems (AKA single-member plurality voting), where only one candidate must be chosen, and the voter can not express any opinion about the others.
- By allowing voters to grade each candidate there is no Vote splitting anymore.
- A voter can express strong judgment differences by exploiting the entire range of grades, or even give the same grade to candidates they equally value. None of these are possible in ranked voting systems, in which candidates are simply ordered by preference.
- The need for Tactical voting is nullified
- It does not suffer from Condorcet's paradox
- By using common language to grade the candidates instead of a ranking them and assuming the question of the poll is precise, it avoids Arrow's impossibility theorem.
4- PollMe Vue
This is the awesome app with with you be able to collect in the most easy way any kind of opinion or preference from anyone.
5- POLL MAKER
A voting system to make surveys and polls in seconds.
PollN is an interactive presentation software for real-time audience engagement and feedback. Users can use PollN for live polling, quizzes, and surveys.
The user must create an account, create a project and add at least one question to the project. The user will then be able to gather responses from one or more respondent in the following way:
- Live polling: The users can present the project and gather the answers live. The respondents will scan the QR code on the first page of the presentation, which will lead them to the project's questions. The users can see how many responses were received. When the users move on to the second presentation slide, the poll will be closed. The next presentation slides will be an analysis of the gathered questions.
- Sending the poll link: The user can open the poll and send the link to the project per email, WhatsApp or any preferred mean. The user can close the poll to see the results in table-format. The users can download the results in Excel (CSV), and re-open the poll to gather the next set of answers should they want to.
The users can ask three type of questions: open-ended, question and answer (Q&A), or multiple-choice. The questions of type Q&A must have a correct answer, and multiple-choice may or may not have a correct answer. The user can also control the order in which questions appear in a poll by dragging elements into the desired position.
Users can allow for anonymous answers or request a password to access the poll. They may also choose if they want the respondents to see the answers (to questions where a correct answer was given) after they submitted their answers.
Respondents can access the poll in 3 different ways: scanning the QR code with their phones (during a presentation), via the poll link, or inputting the poll code in the specified field on the homepage. Polls can only be accesed when they are open.
The user can close a poll any time. Poll opening and closing will happen automatically during a presentation. Polls can also get closed when the user makes changes to the structure of the project, such as adding/editting questions, editting the project, or changing the question order.
8- POLL MAKER
A voting system to make surveys and polls in seconds.
DemocracyOS is an online space for deliberation and voting on political proposals. It is a platform for a more open and participatory government.The software aims to stimulate better arguments and come to better rulings, as peers.
It is released under the GPL v3.0.
Claper turns your presentations into an interactive, engaging and exciting experience that include polls, and several audience engagement tools.
Claper has a two-sided mission:
- The first one is to help these people presenting an idea or a message by giving them the opportunity to make their presentation unique and to have real-time feedback from their audience.
- The second one is to help each participant to take their place, to be an actor in the presentation, in the meeting and to feel important and useful.
Matterpoll is a plugin for Mattermost. It allows users to create a poll by using a slash command.
Survey Creator is a GUI-based no-code form builder library that allows you to create a self-hosted form management system and offload content work from software developers onto the shoulders of non-technical users, like content creators. The form builder produces a survey configuration in JSON format.
This configuration can be later used by the SurveyJS Form Library to display a survey form in your application. You can try out our free survey tool built to demonstrate the capabilities of the Survey Creator library and estimate its potential value for your project(s).
Survey Creator included features are:
- Native support for React, Angular, and Knockout
- Integration of the Knockout version into Vue and jQuery applications
- Built-in themes and CSS customization
- TypeScript support
- Community-supported UI localization to 25+ languages
- Integration with any backend framework (examples for PHP, Node.js, and ASP.NET included)
- A dynamic, data-driven approach that uses industry-standard JSON as common ground: your entire form is defined as a data model (a "schema") written in JSON, and a form UI is built automatically from templates using this model.
- Compatibility with any server + database combination
Survey Creator is not available for free commercial usage. If you want to integrate it into your application, you must purchase a commercial license
A self-hosted open-source survey generator and management system.
A survey form generator that include portable form survey, survey statistics, teams, public API, and more.
The project allows you to generate PDF survey easily. Its features include:
- Support for all built-in SurveyJS Form Library question types
- Editable PDF forms
- Export of filled forms to PDF files
- Option to render a survey form as a PDF file for printing or downloading
- Automatic page breaks
- Markdown support
- Customizable page format and font
- Support for headers and footers both on a page and an entire survey level
- An API to download a fillable survey form as a document file in a traditional PDF format
- PDF Form conversion to Blob, Base64 URL, or Raw PDF
- Works with React, Vue, Angular, Knockout, and jQuery
- SurveyJS Library / Runner
- Survey Creator / Form Builder
- PDF Export
- Survey Analytics