In the healthcare industry, keeping up with the latest protocols and medical procedures is crucial for healthcare professionals. That's where a healthcare LMS comes in handy!
It simplifies healthcare training and makes it easy for users to stay up-to-date with the latest developments and updates in the world of healthcare.
The healthcare LMS market is expected to grow at a whopping 24.7% CAGR from 2021 to 2026, reaching a market size of $2.2 billion by 2026.
Healthcare organizations use this software for its:
- Diverse set of courses
- Quick setup
- Flexible access for employees who work non-traditional hours
However, owing to the variety of Learning Management Systems, healthcare professionals are often left confused as to which software to opt for and utilize.
This is why we have underlined 9 tips with the help of which they can select their desired LMS below:
9 Tips for Choosing the Perfect Healthcare LMS for Your Organization
1. Consider Your Audience
While choosing a healthcare LMS system, don't forget to consider your audience, as they will be the ones who will be the ones using the system.
This is why you should make sure that your healthcare LMS system is user-friendly and tailored to their:
- Skill levels
- Learning styles (such as visual aids, interactive content, etc.)
An LMS for healthcare that offers a variety of formats will keep them engaged and make learning more fun.
Additionally, if you have a multilingual staff, you should decide an LMS that offers courses in multiple languages. That way, everyone can benefit from the training.
2. Look for Scalable Solutions
You should ensure that the LMS you select is a scalable one, as your requirements will keep changing with the increase in the size of your healthcare organization.
A scalable healthcare LMS can and should be able to:
- Handle an increasing number of users and courses without compromising performance
- Adapt to changes in your organization's size, structure, or training requirements
- Save you time and money in the long run
Using a scalable LMS for healthcare software will ensure stability as you will not be required to switch applications due to inter or intra-organizational changes.
3. Check for Security and Compliance
When it comes to healthcare training, security and compliance are no joke! This is why you must look for an LMS that:
- Is designed to meet HIPAA and other relevant regulations, as your patients' data is crucial, and you must keep it safe
- Has proper security features like encryption and access controls to prevent unauthorized access to your data
- Is certified with SOC 2 and ISO 27001, which pertain to information security
You should also keep in mind to ask about their data breach response plans and disaster recovery procedures.
4. Evaluate the Cost
When selecting a healthcare LMS system, the cost is an important factor, as it needs to be ROI effective while aligning with your budget.
To choose such an LMS, you can:
- Start by comparing the pricing models of different LMS providers. Some charge a flat fee, while others charge per user or per course
- Factor in any additional costs, such as implementation, customization, and customer support, as some healthcare LMS providers offer these services as part of their package, while others charge extra for the same
5. Consider User Experience
When it comes to an LMS for healthcare, you should look for a system that makes learning easy, engaging, and accessible for everyone.
It should have the following features to be declared truly user-friendly:
- The interface should be intuitive, ensuring that even a techno-phobic octogenarian can navigate it with ease
- It should have 24x7 multi-device support because healthcare never sleeps
- The content in the software should be present in the form of videos, quizzes, and simulations to keep your staff engaged
- Your healthcare LMS should be accessible to all learners, including those with disabilities. Ensure that you have features like closed captioning, text-to-speech, etc.
6. Review Integration Options
You should be able to integrate your LMS software with your existing systems, such as your HR system instance.
Your healthcare LMS should also:
- Having pre-built integrations with popular systems will be quite useful as you can manage the user data and course assignments in a seamless manner
- Support SCORM, xAPI, or other industry-standard protocols for content management. This will ensure that your content is compatible with future systems
- Offer APIs or webhooks, to ensure the integration of your custom workflows, if any
- Be able to automate tasks like user provisioning, course assignments, and reporting
7. Test the Platform
Before committing to your healthcare LMS system, it's essential to test the platform to ensure that it meets your organization's needs.
Here are some tips for testing the same:
Start with a free trial
Many LMS providers offer a free trial period. It is ideal to test the platform's features and capabilities before you buy it or sign up for it.
Get feedback from users
Involve your healthcare staff in the testing process and ask for their feedback. This will help you identify any issues or areas for improvement.
Test the scalability
Test the platform's scalability by adding numerous users and courses. This will help you identify any performance issues or limitations.
Check the reporting
Look at the reporting capabilities of the LMS and ensure that it provides the data and metrics that you require.
Test the customer support
Contact the LMS provider's customer support team and ask them some questions. This will help you evaluate their responsiveness and helpfulness.
8. Look for Support
When it comes to selecting an LMS for healthcare, always look out for the support or customer service team.
The support team should be on standby until you need them, as you will certainly not want your employees will want to get stuck in a problem in the middle of an important training session.
The support team should therefore:
- Respond quickly
- Have a ready database pertaining to the FAQs and frequent issues, and so on
9. Get Feedback
The final tip for choosing an LMS for healthcare is to get feedback from healthcare staff. It is a critical component of ensuring that the system is meeting the needs of your organization.
Picking the right healthcare LMS system is therefore essential to stay up-to-date with the latest medical procedures and protocols.
If you're looking forward to investing in such systems, you might want to consider Gyrus.
That is because Gyrus's healthcare LMS system:
- Offers a scalable platform
- Has customizable reporting options
- Is compliant with various industry standards
- Has various security features and access controls to ensure data privacy and protection
Moreover, Gyrus's healthcare LMS system offers a user-friendly interface, and mobile access, making it easy to navigate for healthcare professionals.
So if you're looking for an LMS system that will knock your socks off, look no further than Gyrus.