The person with ADHD is easily distracted or forgets details of daily routines. He often feels restless and has trouble with impulsivity. Someone who is impulsive may interrupt others a lot, grab things from people, or speak at inappropriate times. It is hard for the person to wait their turn or listen to directions.
There are three different ways ADHD presents itself, depending on which types of symptoms are strongest in the individual:
- Predominantly Inattentive Presentation: It is hard for the individual to organize or finish a task, to pay attention to details, or to follow instructions or conversations.
- Predominantly Hyperactive-Impulsive Presentation: The person fidgets and talks a lot. The individual feels restless and has trouble with impulsivity. Someone who is impulsive may interrupt others a lot, grab things from people, or speak at inappropriate times.
- Combined Presentation: Symptoms of the above two types are equally present in the person.
In most cases, ADHD is best treated with a combination of behavior therapy and medication. For preschool-aged children with ADHD, behavior therapy, particularly training for parents, is recommended as the first line of treatment before medication is tried.
Persons with ADHD need
- to build a healthy routine
- practice in daily physical activity
- develop a healthy eating habits
- control and manage their daily screen time for mobile and computer usage
- Get enough sleep
In the following list, we offer you the best ADHD applications for Android and iOS devices.
1- Inflow ADHD
Inflow is designed by people with ADHD, for people with ADHD. We’re not a glorified pomodoro timer or calendar. We’re a science-based digital program, here to help you manage your ADHD/ADD.
If you are you struggling with your focus? Is your calendar, planner, habit tracker, or timer still not helping you organize or get things done? Is your to do list just not cutting it? Inflow ADHD can help you fix that.
The app helps you to improve your skills in the following areas:
- Focus and Concentration
- Attention and Hyperactivity
- Goal Setting and Consistency
- Mood and Emotional Regulation
- Distraction Reduction
- Cyber Addiction
- Creating a Routine
- Sticking to a Schedule
- Time Management
- Depression and Anxiety
- Medication and Treatment Options
- Nutrition habits
2- ADHD Lifehacks For Adults
This is a simple Android app that gives anyone with ADHD daily useful tips and hacks to help them developer better routine and finish their tasks.
ADHD Lifehacks for Adults app is available only for Android devices without any ads or locked features.
3- My ADHD
This app brings Diagnostics and Tests including the ASRS 1.1 for adults and SNAP-IV for kids, these are the most reliable tools used worldwide by psychiatrists on the diagnosis of ADHD.
4- Brili Routines – Habit Tracker
This app comes with dozens of useful personal and task management tools to help people with ADHD stay on track. It also features gamification system with visual presentation which make the users reflect on their success and track their progress.
The app is created by Brili GmbH, a German company specialized in creating personal organization apps for persons with ADHD and families with children with ADHD.
- Download Brili Routines – Habit Tracker for Android.
- Get Brili Routines - Habit Tracker for iOS (iPhone and iPad).
5- Numo ADHD App for Adults
This ADHD app comes with set of tools for tasks gamification & support. It also includes bite-size educational content with memes. Social and ADHD-friendly to-do. Manage your symptoms in a fun, easy, and engaging way.
The company behind this app created several apps to support ADHD users.
6- ADHD White Noise + Brown, Pink
This app is a useful one for people with ADHD as it allows them to set white noise or any type of noise that helps them focus on their tasks or daily routine.
The app helps you if you have trouble shutting out the world when you need to study, write, paint, spark creativity, sleep, or get down to business at work, this free service is perfect for your needs.
The app is created by the same company that created Numo ADHD App for Adults (Mindist, inc.).
- Get ADHD White Noise + Brown, Pink for Android.
- Get ADHD White Noise + Brown, Pink for iPhone/ iPad (iOS).
7- ADHD Test (Adult) for iPad
This ADHD Test is designed to help you screen yourself for the possibility of ADHD with eighteen simple questions. This app uses the Adult ADHD Self-Report Scale.
Disclaimer: This test is NOT applicable to children and is also NOT a diagnostic test. Please consult your physician if you are concerned about ADHD.
8- ADHD Test for Adults
The ADHD Test is an easy to use, self-reported questionnaire measuring the symptoms of “attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder” (ADHD) in adults. The quick ADHD screening test includes 6 questions which are found to be the most predictive of symptoms consistent with ADHD.
This quiz is adapted from the 18-question symptom checklist developed in conjunction with the World Health Organization and researchers from New York University and Harvard Medical School leading the Workgroup on Adult ADHD. The test can be self-administered.
With Adult ADHD Test, you can:
- self-screen to validate potential symptoms of Adult ADHD
- store your test results and monitor improvements over time
- read concise, informative articles to expand your knowledge on ADHD
- share the results with a medical professional