Airshare is a Python-based CLI tool and module that lets you transfer data between two machines in a local network, P2P, using Multicast-DNS. It also opens an HTTP gateway for other non-CLI external interfaces. It works completely offline!
Airshare is built with aiohttp and zeroconf.
- Blazing fast content transfer within a local network.
- Lets you transfer plain text, send from or receive into your clipboard.
- Supports transfer of multiple files, directories and large files - content is sent chunk by chunk and never read into memory entirely.
- Lets you send files whose paths have been copied into the clipboard (more details in the docs).
- Cross-platform, works on Linux, Windows and Mac (CLI and Web Interface), and also supports mobile (Web Interface).
- Uses Multicast-DNS service registration and discovery - so you can access content with human-readable code words.
- Can be used as a module in other Python programs.
pip install Airshare
pipx install Airshare
brew install airshare
How to use
Send and receive files and directories.
To send using the CLI,
$ airshare noobmaster requirements.txt
To receive using the CLI,
$ airshare noobmaster
http://noobmaster.local:8000 in the browser to download.
You can also
import airshare in any Python program. Visit the documentation for detailed usage instructions.