AtroDAM is a free and open-source digital asset management system (DAM) developed by AtroCore UG (haftungsbeschränkt). It is built on the AtroCore software platform, which can be found at AtroCore. AtroDAM, together with AtroCore, is distributed under the GPLv3 License.
AtroDAM provides a wide range of features right from the start, making it a great tool for managing media assets and other types of digital assets and their derivatives.
This application follows an API-centric and service-oriented architecture (SOA) and is designed as a single page application (SPA). It has a flexible data model that allows for easy organization and storage of various digital assets in a central location.
AtroCore is based on EspoCRM and uses PHP7, backbone.js, and Composer.
AtroDAM comes with a lot of features directly out of the box, including:
- different types of media and other digital assets;
- private and public ownership of the digital assets;
- mass upload;
- advanced configuration and quality control;
- automatic check for duplicates;
- extracting of metadata information;
- taxonomies – asset categories and tagging;
- asset relations;
- content management;
- asset collections;
- automatic versioning and creation of renditions (additional modules are needed);
- and much more.