Auto Screen Capture is a fantastic and user-friendly free and open-source application that offers you the incredible ability to effortlessly capture screenshots while you are engaged in various activities such as work, study, or even leisurely play.
This amazing tool is not only portable but also boasts the convenience of supporting command line usage, making it an indispensable asset for individuals with diverse needs and preferences.
- Either use the portable executable "autoscreen.exe" or the installation package "AutoScreenCaptureSetup.msi"
- Schedule screen capture sessions and choose the days when screenshots should be taken
- Customize the naming of files and use whatever folder structure you prefer
- Use your preferred image editors, applications, and scripts to edit and open screenshots
- Create actions to trigger based on conditions to automate workflows
- Preview what your screen captures will look like before you start a session
- Calendar shows what days screenshots were taken
- Capture multiple regions specifying X, Y, Width, and Height
- Save every screenshot to either a single, constantly updated, file or as a series of time-stamped files locally on your computer and/or on a shared network drive
- Image formats available: BMP, EMF, GIF, JPEG, PNG, TIFF, WMF
- Compatible with Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10/11
- Apply your own labels to screenshots to represent what you're working on so you can keep your projects organized
- Filter screenshots by label, active window title, or process name
- Control the application from the command line
- Run any application from a schedule
- Email screenshots with SMTP and upload screenshots with SFTP
- Force focus on an application by selecting it from the list of running processes
- Region Select / Auto Save to the Desktop with a keyboard shortcut (similar to the functionality on a Mac)
- Encrypt and decrypt screenshots, files, and text
- GNU General Public License version 3.0 (GPLv3)