The application Bio7 is a free and open-source integrated development environment for ecological modeling, scientific image analysis and statistical analysis
It contains powerful tools for model creation, scientific image analysis and statistical analysis.
The application itself is based on an RCP-Eclipse-Environment (Rich-Client-Platform) which offers a huge flexibility in configuration and extensibility because of its plug-in structure and the possibility of customization.
- Creation and analysis of simulation models.
- Statistical analysis with embedded R GUI.
- Advanced R Graphical User Interface with editor, spreadsheet, ImageJ and PDF plot device and debugging interface.
- Image Analysis (embedded ImageJ).
- Fast transfer of image data from ImageJ to R and vice versa.
- Dynamic compilation of Java.
- Sensitivity analysis with an embedded flowchart editor in which scripts, macros and compiled code can be dragged and executed.
- Creation of 3d OpenGL (Jogl) models.
- Visualizations and simulations on an embedded 3d globe (World Wind Java SDK).
- Creation of Graphical User Interfaces with the embedded JavaFX SceneBuilder
- Spatial statistics (possibility to send values from a specialized panel to R).
- Fast communication between R and Java (with RServe) and the possibility to use R methods inside Java.
The project is released under the Eclipse Public License.
- Source code and download