Perhaps you have heard about virtual assistant system, and how great it can be used as voice and text virtual assistant.
In today's article, we will be seeing one of the great alternative to Siri, the Google Assistant and Alexa.
What is Bishop AI?
Bishop AI is a conversational, contextual, virtual assistant that comes to mind when seeking an open source app inspired by Siri, Alexa, and Google Assistant. So that you can easily open and process.
Bishop AI uses a template based input/output system that is easy to understand, rather than trying to build a chatbot solely based on neural networks.
You can test it and learn more about it from its official website.
- Uses simple API to receive text, determine intent, trigger a command and return a response
- Intent is determined by a pattern matching syntax
- Responses use a template to generate multiple alternate responses
- Trigger intents are defined in plugins and can integrate with any system that can integrate with JS
- It uses a plugin based system for commands, allowing anyone to write their own custom plugin for handling specific commands
- It allows integrations across many systems
- enable Speech-to-Text and Text-to-Speech
Bishop AI is a MIT project; that’s why it is very likely that you will find it already packaged and available to install.