Next.js is a popular React-based framework for building scalable web apps. It can also be used to build desktop apps using Tauri or Nextron, or mobile apps using Iconic. Although it comes bare-bones, it has a vast ecosystem and strong community support.
Blitz is a free and open-source toolkit for Next.js that adds all the missing features required to create full-stack applications. It picks up where Next.js leaves off, providing battle-tested libraries and conventions for shipping and scaling applications worldwide.
- Full TypeScript support.
- Built-in Authentication.
- Supports third-party authentication.
- Comes with developer-friendly conventions and built-in code generators.
- Type safe API Layer.
- Ready backend architecture
- Code Scaffolding
- Several UI recipes Recipes
- Database agnostic
- Strong developer-friendly community
- Built-in Zod support: TypeScript-first schema declaration and validation library.
The project is an open-source that is released under the MIT license.