Booktype is web based, single-source publishing software for creating books, reports, manuals and more. It is an open source platform for editorial teams working on complex projects.
It is a free, open source platform that produces beautiful, engaging books formatted for print, Amazon, iBooks and almost any reader and book-viewer within minutes.
Booktype makes it easier and quicker for authors, companies, and organizations to edit and publish books.
It imports DOCX or EPUB files, converts them into single-source HTML for online editing and proofreading, and uses CSS Paged Media to produce good-looking output for print, the open web, and almost any e-book reader, in seconds.
Booktype facilitates collaborative, agile production across time zones and borders.
- A Fully multi-user collaborative web-based system
- An open-source software that does not require any payment
- Booktype is translated to dozens of languages
- A self-hosted system that anyone can install on his machine or server
- Easy automated publishing workflow for authors, editors, stakeholders, and book writers.
- It publishes books in EPUB format
- A large community of users, developers, and agencies
- It comes with a REST-API that eases integration to other system
- Easy to install using Docker
- Install on Ubuntu, Windows, macOS, Debian, and CentOS
Booktype is built on top of Django, the popular Python web framework.
Booktype is released under the AGPL-3.0 License