What is Calories?
Calories is a command-line tool for tracking calories and weight using the Harris Benedict formula for calculating your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate).The program is written by Mario, a software Developer originally from Graz, but living in Vienna, Austria.
Calories app is written in the Go programming language, and it is available for Windows, Linux and macOS in 32- and 64-bit.
How does it look like?
calories config --weight=0.0 --height=0.0 --activity=0.0 --birthday=01.01.1993 --gender=male --unit=metric
Calories app features
- Review weight Timeline
- It comes with an activity indicator
- Easy to use and remember commands and configurations
- Day / Week / Month Overview
- Personalized Configuration
- It has a built-in support for metric & imperial units
- Offers a JSON Import / Export
- Optional JSON Output for all Commands
- It comes with a built-in history manager
- Add any entry and calculate the calories.
- Has a multiple display modes
How does the activity work?
Except for Activity, the parameters should be pretty self-explanatory. You can use both the metric or the imperial system, but you need to specify the one you are using in the configuration.
The Activity Setting depends on how much you exercise and needs to be set independently of the unit system based on this table:
Calories app is released and license under the Apache 2.0 License.