Chatty is a free open-source Twitch chatting app that runs on Windows, Linux, and macOS. It has a retro look that resemble classic IRC clients.
Chatty has a built-in streaming support which allows users to watch, and stream their plays with one click.
The app is built using Java programming language, and it offers packages for Windows, Linux, and macOS.
Chatty supports channels, advanced moderating options, and comes with built-in desktop notification, and multiple languages support.
The project is maintained by dozens of contributors who keep the project upgraded, and receiving new features and bug fixes.
- Join several channels in tabs, split views or popped out into separate windows
- Channel Favorites & History
- Log chat to file, TAB-Completion, Input History
- Flexible message Highlighting and Ignoring
- Customizable chat colors, font, line spacings, alternating backgrounds
- Choose between several Look&Feel, including Dark Mode
- Get notified when channels you follow go live
- Easily open streams in your browser, or run Livestreamer (or the more up-to-date Streamlink) out of Chatty.
- Set your stream title, game & tags (with custom Presets) and run commercials
- Write current stream uptime to a file and create Stream Marker, via configurable hotkey or Mod Command, to assist in making Stream Highlights
- List your 100 most recent followers/subscribers
- Viewerhistory graph of your current streaming session
- Moderating: Click on nick to open customizable User Dialog, showing recent messages and basic account info
- Moderating: Optional pause-chat-on-hover to avoid misclicks
- Moderating: AutoMod support to approve/deny filtered messages
- Moderating: Create Custom Commands and customize Context Menus
- FrankerFaceZ Emotes (& Mod Icons), BetterTTV Emotes (no Personal Emotes though)
- Unified Bot Badge (using multiple sources)
- Emote Dialog with Favorites, Subemotes, Channel-specific Emotes, and more..
- Emote TAB-Completion using Shift-TAB (configurable)
- Enter Emoji codes like
:thinking:, aided by TAB-Completion
- Locally hide/ignore individual Emotes or Badges or add your own
- Use Chatty in several languages, including English, German, French, Russian, Japanese, and more.. (the help and parts of the GUI aren't translated, translations thanks to contributers)
- SpeedRunsLive Race Viewer
- Global Hotkey support (Windows, Linux, Mac), e.g. to trigger a commerical or Custom Command
Chatty is released under the GPLv3.0 License.