CKAN is an open-source data management platform and self-hosted data portal that is widely used by various organizations and governments around the world. It plays a crucial role in facilitating the publication, management, and sharing of data.
With CKAN, organizations and governments can effectively store, organize, and distribute their data, ensuring that it is easily accessible to users. By providing robust tools and features, CKAN simplifies the process of finding and accessing datasets, making it a highly valuable resource for data-driven initiatives.
Who uses CKAN?
CKAN is used by a wide range of organizations and governments, including:
- Governments at various levels (national, regional, and local)
- Non-profit organizations
- Research institutions
- Data-driven companies
- Academic institutions
- International organizations
The leading CKAN users comprise the Government of Canada, the Singapore Government, and the Australian Government. These esteemed organizations utilize CKAN to enhance the accessibility of their governmental and public data to the public.
These are just a few examples, and CKAN's user base continues to expand globally.
- Open-source data management platform
- User-friendly interface
- Facilitates the publication, management, and sharing of data
- Built-in advanced search
- Enables effective storage, organization, and distribution of data
- Easy to organize data in catalogs
- Comes with a responsive user-interface that works on small mobile screens
- Ensures easy accessibility to users
- Provides robust tools and features
- Simplifies the process of finding and accessing datasets
- Highly valuable resource for data-driven initiatives
- Multi-user support
This material is copyright (c) 2006-2023 Open Knowledge Foundation and contributors.
It is open and licensed under the GNU Affero General Public License (AGPL) v3.0