ezcv is a purpose-built static site generator for creating personal resume/portfolio/cv sites. It offers built-in themes, flexible templating with Jinja2, customizable configuration files and sections, and a simple markdown syntax for content building.
It is a great choice for those who prefer the built-in themes, want a free and open-source static site generator, are familiar with markdown and yaml, and want a system that can be extended.
However, it may not be suitable for those who need a widely used industry solution, require low-level access to the API for complicated extensions, or are not familiar with markdown, yaml, and Jinja.
Why should I use ezcv?
ezcv is a great choice if:
- You are fond of one of the built in themes
- You want a free and open source static site generator
- If you want a simple to use static site generator based on Jinja
- If you are familiar with markdown and yaml, and want a system that can be extended
- You are not familiar with static site generators and want a simple one to try out
- You want a static site generator with a built in github pages deploy pipeline
ezcv is not a great choice if:
- You want a widely used industry solution (something like hugo or jekyl would be better for this)
- You need low level access to the API for complicated extensions that are not possible within jinja
- You are not familiar with markdown, yaml and jinja and want a frontend to edit your site with ( netlify, squarespace or wix would be better for this)
Who is ezcv for?
- People who are not necessarily familiar with coding, let alone web development
- People who are familiar with web development and want a very simple to use static site generator
- People who are familiar with web development but don't want to bother writing pure html for their site
- MIT License