Secure your messaging with Dino: An End-to-End encryption chat client for Linux and macOS
Dino is a privacy-focused lightweight open-source messenger for Linux desktops.
It supports end-to-end encryption out-of-the-box via OMEMO or OpenPGP encryption.
In addition to its strong encryption, Dino allows the user to disable read and typing notification either globally or for specific contacts.
Currently, Dino offers several distribution packages for all popular Linux and Unix distributions: Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, Gentoo, Arch Linux, Void Linux, Alpine Linux, NixOS, Guix and finally FreeBSD (Unix).
However, Dino can be built on macOS, we will add a note about that at the end of this post.
- Lightweight application
- Open-source (Libre) free app
- End-to-end encryption via OMEMO or OpenPGP
- Full Jabber/XMPP protocols support
- Multi-lingual language support
- Decentralized protocol
- Supports many Linux distribution
- Multi-user chat
- Attachment support (Supports multiple image formats, documents and media files)
- Emoji support
- Secret chat support
- Messages search
- Multiple accounts option
- Group chat support
- Linux: (Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, Gentoo, Arch Linux, Void Linux, Alpine Linux, NixOS, GuixOS)
- Unix: FreeBSD
- Arabic (RTL)
- Chinese (Simplified and Traditional)
Dino is completely (Libre) open-source solution which is release under GNU General Public License v3.0