EteSync offers a secure, end-to-end encrypted, and privacy respecting sync for your contacts, calendars, and tasks (using Tasks.org and OpenTasks). For notes, please use the EteSync Notes application.
EteSync allows users to setup their own server, and sync their important and private data as contacts, and calendar events to their private data without having to worry about complex configuration or setup.
- Self-hosted server: run it at your own server
- Fairly easy to use
- Integrates with Android services
- Comes with a built-in zero-knowledge end-to-end encryption
- History is saved on your machine
- Sync unlimited devices
- End-user and developer-friendly documentation
- Sync contacts, tasks, notes, calendars and events
- Desktop application
- Developer-friendly API
- Responsive web application
- A custom note-taking and sync application with end-to-end (E2E) encryption (released under the GPLv3)
- Regularly updated
Available client libraries
The developer teams offer clients library for
- C/ C++
- Server app
- Web application
- Mobile: Android and iOS
- Desktop apps: Windows, Linux, and macOS
The Etebase server is released under the AGPL-3.0 License.