Flarum is a free open-source discussion board and forums solution for building better engagement platforms for communities.
- Beautiful and responsive. This is forum software for humans. Flarum is carefully designed to be consistent and intuitive across platforms, out-of-the-box.
- Powerful and extensible. Customize, extend, and integrate Flarum to suit your community. Flarum’s architecture is amazingly flexible, with a powerful Extension API.
- Clean user-interface
- Organize your forums using categories or tags
- One click start discussion: you do not need to dig deep into forums and sub-forums to start your discussion.
- Discussion and post insights: how many comments, how many users
- Comes with a built-in full-text search engine
- Rich admin dashboard that offers control over the users, boards, permissions, the interface, and the email notification and settings.
- Rich ecosystem that contains many extensions and themes
- Add many languages as extensions
- Offers a rich REST-API
Import from old forum systems
You can import your data from old forum systems as:
- Apache (with mod_rewrite enabled) or Nginx
- PHP 7.3+ with the following extensions: curl, dom, fileinfo, gd, json, mbstring, openssl, pdo_mysql, tokenizer, zip
- MySQL 5.6+/8.0.23+ or MariaDB 10.0.5+
- SSH (command-line) access to run Composer
Flarum is open-source software licensed under the MIT License.