Fossil is a powerful distributed software configuration management system that offers a wide range of advanced features to enhance your project management experience.
With its built-in web interface, you can easily navigate and control your projects with just a few clicks. The best part is that Fossil is designed to be user-friendly, with a single self-contained executable that simplifies the installation process.
Fossil is a distributed version control system that has been widely used since 2007. Fossil was originally designed to support the SQLite project but has been adopted by many other projects as well.
Fossil is self-hosting at https://fossil-scm.org.
One of the key advantages of Fossil is its self-hosting capabilities, which means that you can host your own Fossil repository without relying on external services. This gives you full control over your code and ensures the utmost privacy and security. Additionally, Fossil supports simple networking, allowing you to collaborate seamlessly with your team members.
Another notable feature of Fossil is its autosync mode. This feature automatically synchronizes your changes with other repository instances, making it easy to stay up-to-date and avoid conflicts. The autosync mode ensures that your work is always backed up and accessible, giving you peace of mind.
Furthermore, Fossil is known for its robustness and reliability. It has been extensively tested and proven to handle large codebases and complex projects without compromising performance. You can rely on Fossil to manage your projects efficiently, even in demanding environments.
Last but not least, Fossil is free and open-source, which means that you can use it without any licensing fees. The open-source nature of Fossil promotes transparency and encourages community collaboration, allowing users to contribute to its development and improvement.
- Project Management: Fossil supports distributed version control, bug tracking, wiki, forum, email alerts, chat, and technotes.
- Built-in Web Interface: Fossil has a themeable, extensible, and intuitive web interface with a rich variety of information pages.
- All-in-one: Fossil is a single self-contained, stand-alone executable that can be easily installed on Linux, Mac, or Windows.
- Self-host Friendly: Fossil allows you to set up a project website using various techniques and is CPU and memory efficient.
- Simple Networking: Fossil uses ordinary HTTPS or SSH for network communications, making it accessible behind firewalls and proxies.
- Autosync: Fossil supports "autosync" mode to reduce forking and merging in distributed projects.
- Robust & Reliable: Fossil stores content in an enduring file format in an SQLite database, ensuring atomic transactions and automatic self-checks.
- Branches manager
- Project timeline
- Tickets manager
- File browser
- Built-in wiki
- Multi-user support
- Advanced user permission manager
- Free and Open-Source: Fossil is licensed under the 2-clause BSD license.