fre:ac is a robust and highly efficient audio converter and CD ripper that offers support for a wide range of popular formats and encoders. It effortlessly converts between various formats such as MP3, M4A/AAC, FLAC, WMA, Opus, Ogg Vorbis, Speex, Monkey's Audio (APE), WavPack, WAV, and many others, providing you with extensive flexibility and compatibility options for your audio files.
One of the key features of fre:ac is its ability to easily and seamlessly rip your audio CDs to high-quality MP3 or M4A files, ensuring that your music is compatible with any hardware player you may have. Moreover, fre:ac allows you to convert files that might not be compatible with other audio software, making it a versatile tool for managing and converting your audio collection.
In addition to its powerful conversion capabilities, fre:ac also offers the convenience of preserving the original folder and filename structure when converting entire music libraries. This means that you can easily organize and manage your music files without worrying about losing the structure and organization you have set up.
To further enhance the user experience, fre:ac integrates seamlessly with the CDDB/GNUdb online CD database. This integration allows for automatic retrieval of song information and effortless tagging in ID3v2 or other title information tags. With this feature, you can easily and accurately organize your music library, ensuring that all your songs are properly tagged and categorized.
Overall, fre:ac is a comprehensive and reliable audio conversion and CD ripping software that offers powerful features and extensive format support. Whether you need to convert your audio files to a different format, rip your CDs, or manage your music library, fre:ac is the perfect tool to meet your needs.
- Converter for MP3, M4A/AAC, FLAC, WMA, Opus, Ogg Vorbis, WAV and other formats
- Integrated CD ripper with CDDB/GNUdb title database support
- Portable application, install on a USB stick and take it with you
- Multi-core optimized encoders to speed up conversions on modern PCs
- Full Unicode support for tags and file names
- Easy to learn and use, still offers expert options when you need them
- Available for all major operating systems
- Multilingual user interface available in 43 languages
- Completely free and open source without a catch
- Added support for editing lyrics in the tag editor
- Added support for creating cue sheets and playlists with freaccmd
- Improved DSP processing performance by up to 70% (mainly on Windows)
- Added frequency bandwidth setting to FDK-AAC encoder configuration dialog
- Added an option to toggle logging of complete paths in log files
- Added options for specifying cover art files to freaccmd
- Added support for reading Shift_JIS encoded CD-Text
- Added support for writing album and track comments to cue sheets
- Added support for ID3v2 tags in RF64 files
- Added support for updating Vorbis Comment tags
- Added support for updating ID3v2 tags in RIFF and AIFF files
- Added support for updating LIST INFO tags in RIFF, RF64 and Wave64 files
- Added support for ensemble field in Vorbis Comment and APEv2 tags
- Added support for movement field in ID3v2, Vorbis Comment, APEv2 and MP4 tags
- Added support for additional URL fields in APEv2 tags
- Added a tag editor option to keep album artist even if identical to track artist
- Added media type field to tag editor