Diabetes is a life-altering disease, which require a daily follow-up and management discipline for patients.
Google Play Store and Apple App Store have dozens of diabetes management applications, but they either come with a cost, populated with ads or with limited features to force the customer to buy the full package.
Here, we offer a wonderful alternative for android which comes completely free, without ads and even is released as an open-source project under GPL V3.0 license.
Glucosio is a diabetes management app that user can install it freely form F-Droid store, Google App Store or build it from the source themselves.
The project was started back in 2015 with a primary goal to provide a useful and usable Swiss-knife app for diabetic patients.
Here is the best prominent features of this cool app:
- Supports Android mobile phones and tablets
- Smart assistant which offers tips and recommendations.
- Rich logging system (logs blood glucose, HB1AC, Cholesterol, Blood pressure, ketones, Body weight, and more)
- Built to manage both type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
- HbA1c estimation
- HbA1c conversion calculator
- Backup to CSV file
- Import from CSV file
- Accessibility features
- Graphs and charts
- Options to choose Glucose target (ADA, NICE, AACE, or Custom)
- Optional anonymous data sharing to support diabetes research
- Available for iOS devices
- Translated to several languages
- Easy access menu and smart navigation