GPT Pilot is an innovative open-source Development Tool that empowers developers to effortlessly create highly scalable applications from scratch, providing them with complete control over the implementation process.
To begin, you simply define the specific type of application you wish to build. Subsequently, GPT Pilot takes an active role by posing precise and insightful questions, generating comprehensive product and technical requirements, establishing the ideal development environment, and engaging in a meticulous process of coding the application, closely resembling real-life development scenarios. Throughout this process, you retain full oversight, as GPT Pilot prompts you to review each completed task and offers any necessary assistance. In this way, GPT Pilot effectively functions as an invaluable coding assistant, while you embrace the role of the lead developer, meticulously reviewing code and providing essential support.
The primary objective behind the creation of GPT Pilot is to explore the immense potential of harnessing the power of GPT-4 to generate fully functional, production-ready applications, all while the developer maintains complete supervision over the implementation.
The core concept driving GPT Pilot is the belief that artificial intelligence has the capacity to generate a substantial portion of an application's code (reaching up to 95% of the total codebase); however, the remaining 5% requires the expertise and guidance of a skilled developer, a necessity that will persist until the realization of full Artificial General Intelligence (AGI).