GrapesJS is an open-source, multipurpose, Web Builder Framework which combines different tools and features with the goal to help you (or users of your application) to build HTML templates without any knowledge of coding.
It comes with dozens of handy feature that can be used to build a rich web pages, newsletter, landing pages, marketing and informative reports.
It supports page layouts, blocks, and offers developers with a rich API set to add their own component.
It's an ideal solution to replace the common WYSIWYG editors, which are good for content editing but inappropriate for creating HTML structures. You can see it in action with the official demos, but using its API you're able to build your own editors.
However, the free community version supports only 5 pages/ websites and 100 form submissions, but you can still integrate it into your projects.
- Rich built-in component's library.
- Works with WordPress to build rich landing pages.
- Create your own custom components and traits.
- Highly customizable.
- Features an advanced layer manager.
- Comes with several SEO tools.
- Supports Google fonts by default, as you can choose your favorite fonts from hundreds of original fonts from Google fonts directory.
- Full drag and drop support.
- The outputs are already responsive by design which means you do not need to worry about mobile customization.
- Advanced style manage.
- Customize CSS as your projects require.
- Comes with a responsive design that works on tables and mobile small screens.
- Offers a tree browsers and layer control for your elements and page content.
- Advanced user can edit the code directly.
- Export your templates into a ZIP file that will contain your HTML and CSS.
- It offers a rich asset manager that can be integrated directly with framework and CMS solutions as WordPress and more.
- Totally free and open-source as it is released under BSD-3-Clause License.
- Built-in storage manager.
- Modal and alerts support.
- Shortcuts/ commands,
- Supports multiple languages already, and user can add a new language using the I18n module.
GrapesJS was designed primarily for use inside Content Management Systems to speed up the creation of dynamic templates and replace common WYSIWYG editors, which are good for content editing, but inappropriate for creating HTML structures. Instead of creating an application we decided to create an extensible framework that could be used by anyone for any purpose.
What can you use GrapesJS for?
GrapesJS is already integrated successfully into many projects such as WordPress extension/ plugins, ERP solutions, and it is used to create media rich newsletters as well.
Developers can easily integrate it with React, Angular, or Vue apps. I used it in a couple of client projects using Meteor framework, and it was a smooth implementation.