We often see general-purpose open-source ERP solutions, but on a rare occasion, we witness a customized specific one like Grocy.
What is Grocy?
Grocy is an open-source self-hosted ERP for grocery shops, household management, dormitories, and big houses.
It is originally created by Bernd Bestel, a german software developer. Currently, it is maintained by a large community of open-source contributors.
Grocy helps the user to manage shopping lists, inventory, purchases, make meal plans, manage grocery equipments, recipes and consumption.
The system is designed to manage large quantities of food, resources, and keep track of their availability in the inventory.
It features a system notification for shopping, expired products, overdue products, and stock amounts.
Here is a list of its features:
- Responsive clean user-interface
- Shopping list manager
- Stock manager: helps you to keep track of all of your stock products and notified on certain cases
- Tasks: simple tasks
- Manages batteries
- Manage household devices and equipments
- Chore manager and tracker
- Purchases manager: helps you to prioritize what to buy next
- Calendar view
- Recipe manager
- Meal planner
- Tasks manager
- Track overdue elements and products
- Products search
- Products filter
- Create custom filter
- Android application
- Custom fields, objects, and lists
- Night mode support
- RESTful API
- Desktop application
- Docker installation support
- Multilingual support
Grocy is released under MIT license.