Handesk is a nifty open-source solution for a helpdesk that helps them organize their customer services, have multiple teams with multiple users by having a powerful simple Ticketing system.
The project gained popularity among PHP developers. It is built primarily with PHP. Handesk looks very nice, and it is elementary.
It is originally developed (by At Revo Systems www.revo.works) a modern Laravel-based App. It was released under the MIT license.
Installing Handesk takes a few minutes, it only requires a standard Laravel installation:
git clone https://github.com/BadChoice/handesk.git
# Setup your .env file to match your desired database
php artisan key:generate
php artisan migrate --seed
php artisan storage:link #if you use the local driver
If you are an avid Docker user, Handesk developers got you covered with a simple instruction as well.
The main reasons why I like Handesk:
- Supports multiple teams
- Offers a complete headless system with rich REST-API
- You can handle multiple teams with just one account
- It has an easy API to integrate with your projects
- Email polling
- Multi-Language user-interface
- Issue tracker
- Support reports
- Email attachments as ticket attachments
- Auto-lead subscription to MailChimp
- Tickets internal notes
- Tickets can be escalated, so assistants can comment on them to help the teams
- Roadmap module
- Ticket rating
- It has simple and easy installation
- It has a docker setup
- Highly scalable
- Server setup: Linux servers, Windows servers
- Hosting options: DigitalOcean, AWS, IBM Cloud and more.
Handesk was released under the MIT license.