Headless Recover is a free and open-source Chrome extension that records browser interactions and generates Playwright or Puppeteer scripts. You can either install it from Google Chrome Extension Web Store, or build and install it locally.
What can you do with the Headless Recorder?
- Records clicks and type events.
- Add waitForNavigation, setViewPort and other useful clauses.
- Generates a Playwright & Puppeteer script.
- Preview CSS selectors of HTML elements.
- Take full page and element screenshots.
- Pause, resume and restart recording.
- Persist latest script in your browser
- Copy to clipboard.
- Run generated scripts directly on Checkly
- Flexible configuration options and dark mode support.
data-idconfiguration for element selection.