HealthCastle is an open-source platform for monitoring health for family members, a widely admired health tool.
The app is useful for families, caretakers, parents, and team members, as it allows users to add unlimited contact, offers rich insights, and is packed with dozens of useful tools for a better healthy lifestyle.
It helps users to view optimal calories, calories that you burn, add exercise, record sugar levels, record blood pressure, supports graphs, share your health with a family member.
Here is the full features list:
- Easy to use application
- Uses Artificial Intelligence (AI) to provide useful insights
- View Optimal Calorie Limit for you
- Add the food that you ate to record calories consumed
- Add exercises done today
- App counts number of steps taken throughout the day automatically,
- View total calories burnt today
- Check Heartbeat rate using Camera
- Record sugar level
- Record blood pressure level
- View graphs for past data related to added family members and friends
- Add family members, friends
- Care takers can use it to track and log their patients progress
- View past data graphs of your family members,
- Get notifications if your family member is unhealthy or is depressed; and,
- Contact doctors
- Reporting, and charts
- Log sugar level
- View and manages family connections
- Track your log stats: sugar level, calories level,
It has special features like when you feel depressed according to ML analysis the app set notification to friends and family member, measure heart rate, track the food that you have eaten, and exercise.
- When a person launches the app, a photo of his/her face is captured and a Machine Learned Tensorflow model is used to detect the person's mood. This mood is further used to find the person is depressed.
- If a person feels depressed according to ML analysis, push notifications are sent to his friends and family members regarding this and a graph of mood fluctuations is shown.
- The app supports full voice control.
- Food and exercise databases are extensible at personal level.
The system is written with Java and licensed under the GPL-3.0 License. It uses Firebase Real-time Database, SQLite database.
APIs and Components used
- Firebase Real-time Database
- Firebase Authentication
- MPAndroidChart by PhilJay for interactive graphs
- AndroidX artifacts with Google Material Design components
- SQLite database
Install and setup your own version
Although it requires some knowledge to build the project and setup your own track on Android and Firebase, it is not difficult. It takes only few mins to get everything ready if you know your way around Android studio and Firebase configure.
Here is how to build, configure, and deploy your version:
- Clone the project using link: https://github.com/nisiddharth/HealthCastle.git
- Open the project in Android Studio
- Add Firebase Configuration
The project's primary license is GPL-3.0 License.