Horos DICOM Viewer is a free and open-source medical image viewer. It is designed to provide a complete solution for viewing, analyzing, and sharing medical images in DICOM format. The goal of the Horos Project is to develop a fully functional, 64-bit medical image viewer for OS X. Horos is based upon OsiriX and other open source medical imaging libraries.
Horos DICOM Viewer includes a wide range of features, including:
- The ability to view and analyze medical images in DICOM format
- Advanced image processing tools, including filters, measurements, and annotations
- The ability to create 3D reconstructions from 2D images
- Integration with other medical systems, including PACS and EMR systems
- Support for a wide range of operating systems, including macOS and Windows
There are many benefits to using Horos DICOM Viewer, including:
- Cost-effective: Horos DICOM Viewer is completely free and open-source, making it an affordable solution for medical professionals and organizations.
- Intuitive interface: Horos DICOM Viewer features a user-friendly interface that is easy to navigate, even for users with little or no experience with medical imaging software.
- Customizable: Horos DICOM Viewer is highly customizable, allowing users to create workflows that fit their specific needs.
- Secure: Horos DICOM Viewer includes advanced security features, including HIPAA compliance, to ensure that patient data is kept secure.
Horos DICOM Viewer is released under the GNU Lesser General Public License, which means that it is free and open-source software. This license allows users to use, modify, and distribute the software as long as they comply with the terms of the license.
Overall, Horos DICOM Viewer is a powerful and cost-effective solution for medical professionals and organizations looking for a comprehensive medical imaging software. With its advanced features, intuitive interface, and strong security features, Horos DICOM Viewer is an excellent choice for viewing, analyzing, and sharing medical images.