What is Converse.js?
Converse.js is an open-source, free library that aids developers in creating browser-based chat clients.
Converse.js is a library for XMPP which means you can connect to any public XMPP/ Japper servers, or use your own XMPP server as a messaging backend.
With Converse.js developers can build a collaborative messaging solutions that runs completely within the browser.
- Creates unlimited chat rooms and groups, Multi-user/ groups chart rooms
- It supports chatroom bookmarks
- Seamless chatroom management
- Send and receive vCards within your chat
- Full-screen support
- A built-in URL previews
- File and document sharing
- HTTP file upload
- Notification with-in the browser
- OMEMO encryption
- Chat stats
- User stats: online, offline, busy
- Hidden messages
- Modular architecture to create plugins
- Rich extensions and plugins library
- Integration-ready with a dozen of open-source solutions like WordPress, Drupal, Elgg, Roundcube
- Client-state indicator
- Supports several frameworks: Ruby on Rails, Django
- Supports anonymous logins
- Text correction
- Message moderation
- Translated to more than 30 languages
- Converse supports many XMPP extensions.
See here for a list of supported XEPs.
- Available as overlaid chat boxes or as a full-page app. See here for the full-screen version.
- A plugin architecture based on pluggable.js
- Chat statuses (online, busy, away, offline)
- Desktop notifications
- Message corrections, retractions and moderation
- Translated into over 30 languages
- Built-in message styling options
- Plone CMS
- Tiki Wiki CMS Groupware
- Ruby on Rails
Converse.js is licensed and released under Mozilla Public License (MPL).