What is Huginn?
Huginn is a free, open-source self-hosted task and service automation manager alternative to popular services as Zapier and IFTTT.
You can install Huginn at your server, create, and manage automation agents with less effort with a straightforward admin.
Huginn is a system for building agents that perform automated tasks for you online. They can read the web, watch for events, and take actions on your behalf. Huginn's Agents create and consume events, propagating them along a directed graph. Think of it as a hackable version of IFTTT or Zapier on your own server. You always know who has your data. You do.
What Huginn can do?
- Create and manage automated tasks
- Connect several tasks together
- Create, manipulate, and customize data-flow from multiple data sources.
Here are some of the things that you can do with Huginn
- Track the weather and get an email when it's going to rain (or snow) tomorrow ("Don't forget your umbrella!")
- List terms that you care about and receive email when their occurrence on Twitter changes. (For example, want to know when something interesting has happened in the world of Machine Learning? Huginn will watch the term "machine learning" on Twitter and tell you when there is a spike in discussion.)
- Watch for air travel or shopping deals
- Follow your project names on Twitter and get updates when people mention them
- Scrape websites and receive email when they change
- Connect to Adioso, HipChat, Growl, FTP, IMAP, Jabber, JIRA, MQTT, nextbus, Pushbullet, Pushover, RSS, Bash, Slack, StubHub, translation APIs, Twilio, Twitter, and Weibo, to name a few.
- Send digest email with things that you care about at specific times during the day
- Track counts of high frequency events and send an SMS within moments when they spike, such as the term "San Francisco emergency"
- Send and receive WebHooks
- Track your location over time
- Create Amazon Mechanical Turk workflows as the inputs, or outputs, of agents (the Amazon Turk Agent is called the "HumanTaskAgent"). For example: "Once a day, ask 5 people for a funny cat photo; send the results to 5 more people to be rated; send the top-rated photo to 5 people for a funny caption; send to 5 final people to rate for funniest caption; finally, post the best captioned photo on my blog."
Install and setup Huginn
Huginn can be installed using the official Docker image. An experienced developer can install it easily from the source.
Huginn is released and licensed under the MIT license.