Hypersocket VPN is an open-source VPN solution with advanced permission control and multi-use scenarios. It offers a seamless setup and configuration for the system admins.
It provides secure access to the network through a HTTPS port. System admins can use it behind a firewall or a firewalled WLAN as BYOD gateway.
Hypersocket is a simple yet powerful VPN solution which we highly recommend for hospitals, medical and dental clinics.
Despite the project has not updated for 5 years, but it's still getting weekly download hits. It received 2 positive feedback comments from satisfied users on SourceForge.net
In this post, I will list all of its features with a sample screenshots from the projects page.
- Multi-use scenarios
- Split tunneling support
- Activity monitoring
- Easy to install and configure
- Browser-based access to local file system, FTP and Windows file systems
- System tray tool
- Automatic update
- Multi-tenancy supporting multiple user databases
- Multiple users with multiple groups, roles support
- Resources management
- Configuration manager
- Networks and protocols manager
- Certificates management
- Store with extra modules
- SSL support
- FTP server module
- FTP and FTPS support
- File Resources with graular access support for the webserver
- Server: Windows and Linux (Debian/ Ubuntu and Redhat)
- Clients: Windows and macOS clients support
Hypersocket VPN is released as an open-source under GPLv3 License
- The project didn't receive updates for 4-5 years
- There is no supportive community for it
- Not popular