Journaley is an open-source, free, and feature-rich journaling program for Windows platform. It is also a lightweight app which is about 2.5 MB.
Journaley is developed by YoungSeok Yoon, a developer from South Korea, and designed by Sammy Guergachi a UI/ UX designer from Canada.
Journaley is a straightforward app that does not have hidden features or a complex UI, It is meant to be used by everyday Windows users.
The app works on Windows 7 and higher. It is built using the C# programming language.
- Journaley supports the popular Markdown formats
- Journaley features a straightforward Material user-interface
- It comes with words and characters statistics at the bottom
- Features a built-in notes viewer on the sidebar
- The user can favorite the note
- The notes can be tagged as a means to filter, browser notes easily.
- It comes with Trash to keep the deleted notes and journals until the user deletes them completely
- With Journaley you can browse focus on today's- and this week's journals.
- Journaley supports image attachments out of the box, however, it supports only one image per entry.
- It also features a full-screen image viewer
- The user can customize the fonts, colors
- It has a built-in spell-checker
- It is easy to change the journals' location as well as backup your journals
- Journaley offers password-protected journals options for users who want to keep their journals private.