Introducing Kucos, a serverless commenting system that prioritizes simplicity and privacy while also providing kudos.
With Kucos, you can enjoy the benefits of a simple and privacy-focused commenting system that includes kudos.
Forget about the need for a server to host your comment system. Now, you can easily host Kucos on Vercel (formerly known as ZEIT NOW) and store your database on Mongo Atlas. The best part? You get 500mb of space for free, which is more than enough for storing comments :)
Kucos places a strong emphasis on user privacy and data security. That's why the commenting feature is completely anonymous, eliminating the need for user accounts.
If you're interested, you can find the source code for Kucos on GitHub. I encourage you to test the demo on this page and feel free to contribute by submitting pull requests with your fixes or new features. Your input is greatly appreciated :)
Additionally, Kucos supports a simple Markdown syntax.
- Markdown support
- Hidding/showing children comments
- Voting on comments
- Fast quote comments (select text and click Reply)
- Edit own comments, within an hour -(v0.10.2)
- Simple moderation of comments by the website owner -(v0.10.4)
- Checking whether a comment is spam. (Akismet) -(v0.10.4)
- Fast and lightweight code highlighting in comments -(v0.10.5)
- Serverless commenting system that prioritizes simplicity and privacy
- Provides kudos feature for user engagement
- No need for a separate server to host the comment system
- Easy hosting on Vercel and database storage on Mongo Atlas
- 500mb of free space for storing comments
- Anonymous commenting feature, no user accounts required
- Source code available on GitHub for contributions
- Supports simple Markdown syntax for text formatting
- Limited moderation features for website owners
- No built-in comment editing after one hour
- Limited spam detection capabilities (requires Akismet)
- No built-in code highlighting in comments
- No built-in antiflood function
- Internationalization support (i18n) might not be available
- MIT License