What is Lios?
Lios stands for "Linux-Intelligent-Ocr-Solution" which is an open-source, free OCR solution that converts any text in image, PDF into a readable text.
Lios is a free and open source software for converting prints to text using either a scanner or a camera. It supports multiple languages out-of-the-box, without the need to install or configure any.
It can also produce text out of scanned images from other sources such as PDF, Image, directories containing images or screenshot.
Lios allows total accessibility for visually impaired.
- Import images from Scanner, PDFs, Folder, or Webcam,
- Take and Recognize Screenshot,
- Recognize Selected Areas(Rectangle selection),
- Support two OCR Engines (Cuneiform,Tesseract),
- Tesseract-Trainer - Train your tesseract ocr engine to improve the accuracy
- Full Auto Rotation for any Language(If aspell installed for the language, Eg : "sudo apt-get install aspell-hi" for Hindi.
- Supports multiple languages
- Side by side view of image and output
- Advanced Scanner Brightness optimizer
- Text Reader for low vision with Highlighting, With user selected Color, Font, and Background Color,
- Audio converter(espeak),
- Export as pdf (text/images),
- Dictionary Support for English(Artha)
- Options for save, load and reset settings,
- Text-Cleaner - Post process your output with match-replace dialog
- Other options - Find, Find-and-Replace, Go-To-Page, Go-To-Line, Append file, Punch File, Selection of starting page number, page numbering mode and number of pages to scan, Selection of Scan area, brightness, resolution and time between repeated scanning, Output Insert position, image rotation and zoom options, etc
- A Tesseract Trainer GUI is also shipped with this package.
The Lios project is released under the GNU General Public License version 3.0 (GPLv3).