Lomorage is a free open-source self-hosted photo hosting and cataloging system for photographers or anyone who wants to keep a secure backup for his photos.
It is a fairly new player in the market of open-source photo solutions, however, it comes with dozens of new and unique features than its competitors.
In the nutshell, Lomorage offers you an ideal alternative for Google Photos with more extra options as you can host it at any server or machine, and maintain your original quality of your photos and videos.
Lomorage allows you to check for duplicated photos or similar photos/ videos to keep your library clean and save space.
Why should you consider using Lomorage?
- Automatic Back Up: Automatically backs up all your photos from smartphones and computers to your own hard drive; Redundancy backup lowers the risk of losing data. No rate limits.
- Original Quality: Whether it’s a 50 megapixel raw photo or hour long 4K HD video, back up your high resolution content as it is without any modification. What you take is what is saved.
- Intelligent Organization: Use AI to sort your photos by date, location, person, scene; search by texts in photos; detect similar photos; remove duplicated assets; history of today reminder.
- Unlimited Accounts: One server for all family members while each member has its own account, no account number limits. Share becomes easy.
- Your Photos, Wherever You Are: Browse ALL your photos and videos from apps on your Android, iOS, Chromecast, Fire TV device, or a web browser; No need to worry about the phone space.
- It’s Your Data: No tracking. We believe in privacy is super important for everyone, and anything we might collect (crash logs, discovery, etc.) is opt-in only. no vendor lock in.
- Supports dozens of photo and video formats
- Comes with a built-in automated organizer which is powered by an AI algorithm
- Docker installation support
- Android application
- Extracts your multimedia photo/ video meta-tags
- Supports all popular file systems NTFS, FAT32, EXT and others.
- The web app comes with a responsive design that works smoothly on all desktop and mobile browsers
- Supports unlimited accounts: a good option to share with friends, family, and teams
- Supports RAW photos
- Supports 4K videos
- Comes with automatic backup
- Supports Raspberry Pi
- Backup photo on smartphone.
- Incremental backup, fast and reliable.
- Resumable backup, you can upload large video more reliably.
- Support live photo, slow motion, raw DNG format and other popular media formats.
- Save original file, no quality degradation, no metadata lost.
- Check Photo/Video deduplicate
- Similarity check, you can choose to save the best one with multiple shoots
- Access photos seamlessly on multiple device with one account.
- Isolated accounts for family members, keep your privacy.
- Sharing tons of photos without worry about phone storage.
- Easy access when you're switching phone with different OS.
- Export backup to Phone
- Offline mode so you can browse photos even without connectivity.
- Search by location, date time, text in photo.
- History of today, never buries the memories in hard drive.
- Support user album and smart album.
- Redundancy backup, lower the risk of losing data.
- Import photo from hard drive, SD card etc.
- No rate limit, no account number limitation, no vendor lock in.
- Hard drive plug and play, no reformat required.