LunarVim is an incredibly fast, strongly opinionated, and highly extensible IDE layer for Neovim (version 0.5.0 or higher). It harnesses the cutting-edge capabilities of Neovim, such as Treesitter and Language Server Protocol support. LunarVim comes preconfigured with a sensible default setup that you can personalize to your liking.
Its extensive feature set includes autocompletion, an integrated terminal, a file explorer, a powerful fuzzy finder, LSP integration, linting, formatting, and debugging functionalities.
Although LunarVim has its own set of opinions, you are under no obligation to adopt them. You have the flexibility to enable or disable each built-in plugin in the config.lua file. In this file, you can also add your own plugins, define keymaps, set autocommands, create leader bindings, and customize various other settings.
LunarVim optimizes for speed by loading plugins lazily whenever possible. Deactivated plugins have no impact on performance since the plugin list is compiled exclusively with active plugins. This approach ensures that LunarVim delivers both outstanding features and exceptional speed without any compromises.
- To install plugins configure LunarVim use the config.lua
- LunarVim ships with a sane default config for you to build on top of
- Every plugin can be toggled on or off
- LunarVim lazy loads plugins wherever possible to maximize speed
- Opinionated, extensible, and fast
- LunarVim takes advantage of the latest Neovim features
- GNU General Public License version 3.0 (GPLv3)