What is Menuskript?
Manuskript is a free, open-source feature-rich writing tools for carrier writers. It is customized for novel writers who write fiction.
The app is available for Windows, Linux, and macOS. It is easy to install, and use as it does not require any steep learning curve like its competitors.
In this article, we will demonstrate its features, and what can you do with it.
What can you do with Menuskript?
With Manuskript you can:
- Grow your premise from one sentence, to a paragraph, to a full summary
- Create characters
- Conceive plots
- Construct outlines (Outline mode and/or Index cards)
- Write with focus (Distraction free mode)
- Build worlds
- Track items
- Edit and re-organize chapters and scenes
- View Story line
- Compose with fiction or non-fiction templates and writing modes
- Import and export document formats such as HTML, ePub, OpenDocument, DocX, and more
- User-friendly clutter-free interface
- It features a rich outliner tools
- Comes with a built-in drafts and revisions manager
- Tree view
- Two writing modes: Simple and fiction
- Distraction-free mode
- A built-in novel assistant that uses Snowflake method
- It comes with plot manager
- Easy to develop a complex characters using Menuskript
- Timeline viewer
- It gets a regular update and upgrades
- Supports plain-text file format
- Story line visualizer
- It comes with a frequency analyzer
- Built-in txt2tags highlighter
- Index cards
- Import and Export: Supports several formats: EPUB, OpenDocument, LibreOffice, DocX (MS Word)
- Linux: Debian, Ubuntu, Arch Linux, Fedora, SolusOS, Linux Mint
- Linux: using Flatpak and Snap package
Menuskript is released and distributed under the GPL-3.0 License. Anyone has the freedom to run, copy, distribute, study, change and improve the software.