Markdown Monster is a powerful, yet easy-to-use Markdown editor with syntax highlighting and sophisticated and fast edit features. A collapsible, synced, live preview lets you see your output as you type and scroll.
Note that you can individually customize the theming for the editor, the preview and even the code snippet display in the previewer.
Markdown Monster has a lot of features, but we work hard to keep those features out of your way when you don't need them. If you just want to write, MM provides a minimal editing experience that provides pleasant white space around your content and an optional distraction free mode. But if you want to be more productive use shortcuts and helpers to enhance your editing experience, we help you with many useful tools to enhance your editing experience with thoughtful productivity features. Most commands have keyboard shortcuts and can be accomplished with one or two keystrokes.
Easily embed things like images, links, tables, code snippets and more with a couple of keystrokes and smart link fix ups. Because images are such a big part of content creation, our image embedding support is especially rich and supports pasting images from the clipboard, embedding with the image file/url dialog, drag and drop from explorer or a browser, and even a built-in image capture utility.
Markdown Monster is highly customizable with themes for the main shell, editor and preview displays. The editor and preview themes can be easily customized using HTML and CSS based templates so you can make Markdown Monster your own. There are also many options to customize the editor's fonts, sizes and many display options.
You can also run in distraction free mode, that removes toolbars, menus, preview, sidebar and other distractions to let you focus on your code. Or use Presentation mode to focus on reading content without the editor view.
Markdown Monster is extensible with .NET code. You can use our Snippets or Commander addins to create custom text expansions, or automate common tasks using .NET Code snippets. A full addin extensibility model allows deep integration with most of Markdown Monster's features and UI to create sophisticated extensions using a straightforward Addin model. There is an Addin Manager that lets you easily install, update and manage available Addins.
If you have a blog chances are you can use Markdown Monster to create your content and publish it to your blogging service. Markdown Monster can publish to many common Weblog engines including WordPress, Medium and any service that use MetaWeblog API. MM automatically handles converting your Markdown content to HTML, fixing up links and publishing and re-publishing your Markdown content cleanly to blogging services.
The New Weblog Post feature automatically sets up a post folder in a Weblog Posts directory hierarchy to let you organize posts in a shared DropBox or OneDrive (if available) folder so you can easily work on posts from multiple machines.
Markdown Monster's integrated Git features also work great for any Git based service like Jekyll, Ghost, Hugo or Wyam to write your posts locally and immediately push them to your remote Git repository to publish. Git integration is built into MM to commit your changes either individually or in batch or you can open your favorite Git Client to publish your changes to your hosted content blog.
- Inline spell-checking and word counts to ensure accurate and error-free writing.
- Export Markdown to PDF or HTML for easy sharing and publishing.
- Copy Markdown selections as HTML to the clipboard for seamless integration with other applications.
- HTML preview with syntax-colored code snippets for a visually appealing and organized reading experience.
- Light or dark app themes to suit your personal preference and reduce eye strain.
- Individual and fully customizable preview themes to personalize your writing environment.
- Built-in folder browser for efficient file management and easy access to your documents.
- Document outline for quick navigation and easy organization of your content.
- Shell integration for seamless interaction with the command line and other system tools.
- Syntax colored Markdown to make your writing visually appealing and easy to read.
- Weblog publishing and editing capabilities to directly publish your content online.
- Capture and embed screenshots directly within your document for enhanced visual communication.
- Embed images, links, and code snippets to enrich your content and provide additional context.
- Paste images from clipboard for quick and convenient insertion of visuals into your document.