memos is a lightweight, self-hosted memo hub that provides privacy, security, and reliability. It uses SQLite to save data as plain text, supports useful markdown syntaxes, and is customizable.
The project is open source, free forever, and charges no fees for any features.
- Privacy First: memos provides the privacy, security, and reliability that innovators need in their moments of inspiration.
- Plain text with Markdown: All data generated at runtime is saved in the SQLite database file. All content will be saved as plain text, not HTML. Lots of useful markdown syntaxes are supported.
- Lightweight but Powerful: Using Go + React.js + SQLite architecture, the overall package is very lightweight.
- Customizable: You can customize the server name, icon, description, custom system style, and execution script, etc.
- Open Source Completely: memos believes that open source is the future, and all code is already open source on GitHub.
- Free Forever: All features are free forever and will never be charged in any form or content.
- Self-hosting with Docker in just seconds. Enjoy the flexibility, scalability, and ease of setup that Docker provides, allowing you to have full control over your data and privacy.
- Pure text with added Markdown support. Say goodbye to the overwhelming mental burden of rich formatting and embrace a minimalist approach.
- Customize and share your notes effortlessly. With our intuitive sharing features, you can easily collaborate and distribute your notes with others.
- RESTful API for third-party services. Embrace the power of integration and unleash new possibilities with our RESTful API support.
Memos community empowered it with dozens of open-source clients that include, mobile apps for iOS and Android, Google Chrome extensions, Telegram bot, Desktop app, and a WebChat bot.
Install with Docker
Self-hosting with Docker in just seconds. Enjoy the flexibility, scalability, and ease of setup that Docker provides, allowing you to have full control over your data and privacy.
docker run -d --name memos -p 5230:5230 -v ~/.memos/:/var/opt/memos ghcr.io/usememos/memos:latest
- MIT License