Monsta FTP is a lightweight open-source FTP client you can install on your server to manage your files through any browser, and free yourself from desktop software, forever!
Monsta FTP is a web-based FTP client, developed in PHP & AJAX, you can use to manage your website through your browser, edit code, upload and download files, copy/move/delete files and folders - all without installing any desktop software.
Monsta FTP allows you to upload multiple zip archives and extract them easily on server. It also features a developer-friendly text editor.
Why is it better than desktop FTP software?
Monsta FTP is your file manager in the cloud. Traditionally, FTP software is downloaded and/or purchased and installed on the user's desktop. Every time a user upgrades their desktop this process needs to be repeated.
In situations where you're using a third-party desktop, such as at an Internet cafe, you may not be able to install your own software. With Monsta FTP you can access your install from any device, anywhere.
- Responsive developer-friendly interface
- Connect to any remote FTP server from your browser (via client server.)
- Drop files from your desktop onto browser to upload in real-time.
- Drop folders (in Chrome browser) from your desktop onto browser to upload files.
- Download files from remote servers to your desktop.
- Zip up multiple files and download to your desktop.
- Fetch files from URLs and download directly to remote server.
- Edit files on-screen and save to remote server.
- Create folders and files.
- Cut, copy, paste and rename folders and files.
- CHMOD folder and files permissions.
- Use any of 19 available interface languages.
- Lock user sessions to IP address for added security.
- Customize the open source PHP/AJAX source code.
Is it secure?
We recommend using your Monsta FTP install over SSL to protect your data while transiting your network, however FTP itself is not secure, so we always recommend using Monsta FTP's SFTP/SCP (secure FTP) connection option, where possible.
GNU General Public License version 3.0 (GPLv3)