MrDoc is a free, open-source DMS (Document Management System) that does not require extensive hardware resources and can run from anywhere.
It offers two versions; an open-source edition which licensed under the GPLv3 License, and a professional commercial version with more enterprise-focused features.
MrDoc is a feature-rich system that has dozens of features, but keep in mind it is built to organize and manage online text documents.
Although MrDoc is a web-based self-hosted system, it has desktop ports, mobile app, and browser extensions for Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge.
- Tutorial portal
- Team library
- Knowledge base manager
- Products manuals and documentation
- Software documentation tool
- Self-hosted with a lightweight resources' requirement
- User-friendly responsive interface
- Multi-users support
- Built-in full text search to search through the document content and the metadata
- Informative dashboard
- It supports written text document
- Allows users to edit documents using a built-in Markdown and a WYSIWYG editors
- Features a must and best read section
- Permissions: supports authority control
- Import and export to several document formats
- Supports multiple terminals out-of-the-box
- Deploy to anywhere
- Works offline on your computer without the need to setup it on a server
- Comes with automatic update manager
- Supports multiple languages
- Exports to PDF and ePUB files
- Supports versioning
- Support site configuration registration invitation code, advertising code, statistics code, email retrieval password, site wide close registration, site wide forced login and other management functions;
- Document writing and reading are based on the Project, with five modules, namely project, document, document template, image and attachment;
MrDoc is written using Django the popular Python web development framework.
The primary requirement to install MrDoc is to have Git and Python in your system
git clone https://gitee.com/zmister/MrDoc/ cd MrDoc pip install -r requirements.txt python manage.py migrate python manage.py createsuperuser python manage.py runserver
Mrdoc provides "open source version" based on GPLv3 protocol and "professional version" of commercial license.