neovim is a free open-source hyperextensible Vim-based text editor
- Modern GUIs
- Embedded, scriptable terminal emulator
- Asynchronous job control
- Shared data (shada) among multiple editor instances
- XDG base directories support
- Compatible with most Vim plugins, including Ruby and Python plugins
- API is first-class: discoverable, versioned, documented.
- MessagePack structured communication enables extensions in any language.
- Remote plugins run as co-processes, safely and asynchronously.
- GUIs, IDEs, web browsers can --embed Neovim as an editor or script host.
- Lua plugins are easy to create just like Vimscript plugins. Your config can live in init.lua!
- AST-producing parsing engine enables faster, more accurate syntax highlighting, code navigation, refactoring, text objects, and motions.
- Builtin LSP client for semantic code inspection and refactoring (go-to definition, "find references", format, …)
- Strong defaults
- Works the same everywhere: one build-type, one command
- Modern terminal features such as cursor styling, focus events, bracketed paste
- Builtin terminal emulator
macOS Windows and Linux
Apache License Version 2.0
editor,text editor,code editor,programming,development,web development, editors,code,vim,scripting,devtools