Network Security Toolkit (NST) is a bootable ISO image (Live USB Flash Drive) based on Fedora 38 providing easy access to best-of-breed Open Source Network Security Applications and should run on most x86_64 systems.
The main intent of developing this toolkit was to provide the security professional and network administrator with a comprehensive set of Open Source Network Security Tools.
The majority of tools published in the article: Top 125 Security Tools by INSECURE.ORG are available in the toolkit. An advanced Web User Interface (WUI) is provided for system/network administration, navigation, automation, network monitoring, host geolocation, network analysis and configuration of many network and security applications found within the NST distribution.
In the virtual world, NST can be used as a network security analysis, validation and monitoring tool on enterprise virtual servers hosting virtual machines.
- Multi-Tap Network Packet Capture
- Web-Based Network Security Tools Management
- Host/IPv4 Address Geolocation
- Network/System Monitoring
- Network Intrusion Detection
- Network Interface Bandwidth Monitor
- Web-based Snort IDS Integration
- Active Connections Monitor
- Network Segment ARP Scanner
- Network Packet Capture CloudShark Upload Support
- Multi-Port Terminal Server
- VNC / RDP Desktop Session Management
Public Domain, GNU General Public License version 2.0 (GPLv2)