What is Next.js?
Next.js is a free open-source React framework for building a web applications. It allows developers to generate start website or use server-side rendering to create a highly scalable sites.
What is MongoDB?
MongoDB is a NoSQL document database, that is fast, and works without having to deal with so much DB table or schema setup. It supports indexing, replication, and aggregation.
Next.js + MongoDB, How to?
To combine both powers, here we found you a great boilerplate open-source project that allows developers of all levels to create a Next.js and MongoDB app, with dozens of production-ready functions, which saves them a great deal of time, effort, and bugs.
Simply, it is a Next.js and MongoDB web application, designed with simplicity for learning and real-world applicability in mind.
- Fast and light without bulky, slow Express.js.
- Full API Routes implementation and 👻 Serverless ready
- Good ol' Middleware pattern, compatible with Express ecosystem, powered by next-connect
- KISS: No fancy stuff like GraphQL, SASS, Redux, etc. ✍️ Come with explanatory blog posts
- Can be adapted to any databases besides MongoDB (Just update api-lib/db)
- Posts and comments
- User profiles
- Rich Authentication and Account management
- Session-based authentication using Passport.js
- Sign up/Log in/Sign out API
- Authentication via email/password
- Authentication via OAuth (Google, Facebook, etc.)
- Email verification
- Password change
- Password reset via email
- Profile picture, username, name, bio, email
- Update user profile
- Files and images upload
- Developer-friendly documentation
- Full guide on how to install, configure, run and deploy.
The project is released under the MIT License